Monday, November 11, 2013

Treasure


I love Swaziland. I love the Swazi people. I love the ministry here. But I love my God more. Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. He is my greatest treasure, and He is calling us to follow Him, once again leaving behind ones we love. We will be moving to Nelspruit, South Africa, sometime in early 2014. Thankfully we will get to come back to Swaziland and visit often as Nelspruit is just across the border. Thankfully, the population we'll be ministering to is very similar to the one we are leaving, as the boundary between the countries is an arbitrary one, and the people group is the same on both sides. Still, this hurts—I feel like a part of my heart is being ripped out. The goodbyes are painful. Matthew 16:24 ...If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. The cross in the picture is a simple one, made for me by our Swazi son Phinda. I've used it several times for skits. The cross on which Jesus was crucified was a simple one. I choose to follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment